If we are not careful we can spend our life consumed by our jobs and our to-do lists. However, this is no way to live, if we want an enjoyable and meaningful life! I was reminded of just that, this past weekend, when I heard the song Enjoy Yourself (It’s Later Than You Think). It‘s such a fun and motivational song. The song is essentially a great reminder for us to celebrate our goals, our friends and our life!
Life should not be traveled alone – we need to share it, and to remember it with our friends. One great way to do this is by hosting a life celebration party. If this is something that you would like to do, here are three easy party planning steps:
1) Ask your friends to provide you with their favorite photo and song, from each decade (i.e. 1-10, 10-20, 20-30, 30-40 etc.) of their life. As an example, if your friends are in their forties each friend would provide you with four songs and four photos.
2) As the host you will need to prepare the following:
- Compile all songs – including your own – into a playlist.
- Create a collage that includes the pictures provided by your friends – including your own.
- Create a list of trivia questions that pertain to pop cultural (and or political) occurrences from each decade of your life (i.e. 1-10, 10-20, 20-30, 30-40 etc.).
- Source candies from the first decade of your life (if possible).
- Prepare food, drinks and desserts (based on group preferences).
3) Go ahead and host your party! At this party, you and your friends can listen to the music that played throughout your life, laugh at the way that you all looked at different ages, and try to see if anyone can remember what occurred in each decade. And, don’t forget to bring tissues, because you just might cry (or laugh until you cry)!