Voting matters! And, just as important as voting is “understanding” what you are voting for. Take some time to find out about each federal party (i.e. visit their websites, research their political track records, etc.).
While October 19, 2015 is Election Day, this is not the only day that you have to vote. Elections Canada tries to make voting as accessible as possible. If you plan to vote during this federal election, please note the following important voting information from Elections Canada.
- Vote on election day – Monday, October 19, 2015
- Vote on advance voting days – October 9, 10, 11 and 12
- Vote at one of 400 Elections Canada offices
- Vote by mail
- To vote, you must be registered. Check to see if you are registered.
Elections Canada also considers, and provides the following voting information for, those who might experience additional barriers to voting.
- Canadians living abroad
- Canadian Forces voters(main website)
- Voters in long-term care facilities and hospitals
- Homeless voters
- First-time voters and students
- Information for transgender voters